1/4 C butter, softened - 2 Tblsp
4 oz cream cheese, softened - 2 oz
1 tsp vanilla - 1/2 tsp
16 oz powdered sugar - 1 1/2 C + 1/4 C + 1/8 C... um, 1 1/2 C is plenty sweet!
*7 oz coconut - 1 1/4 C
Cinnamon and/or cocoa powder for rolling (approx 2 Tblsp, start with less, you can always add more)
- With mixer, cream butter and cream cheese well.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar, mix well-start out s-l-o-w:@)
- *Add coconut, mix well.
- Chill for an hour, roll into 3/4"-ish balls and roll in cinnamon and/or cocoa.
- Place on wax paper/parchment/silicone lined cookie sheet and chill one hour.
- Store in airtight container in fridge.
- Recipe easily halved or doubled, one batch as written will make about 60 potatoes.
- *I do suggest measuring the coconut and then running it through the food processor or chopping it with a knife. This helps break up the long strings.
- Vary the size of the potatoes a bit. It's visually more appealing and folks that just want a taste, or are on a diet will be able to enjoy them too.
- I mixed mine at night, covered them and put in fridge, then rolled them in the morning.
- This is another messy, sticky, great project to do with the kids.
- If they get too sticky to roll, put mixture back in fridge to firm up.
- You'll find that these are very rich, a little goes a long way!
- PS-Just so the pic/size isn't deceiving, this little Fenton dish is actually a saucer for a tea cup.