Sunday, August 14, 2016

Micro Batch Peach Preserves-Makes Approximately 1/2 Pint

On today's episode of Frugal Living-Squeeze that penny til it squeals...
A friend gave me a ginormous New Jersey white peach the other day, it was gorgeous! I could have bitten right into it letting all that great peachy juice run all over myself and enjoyed it for a couple minutes, or... I could take a little time and whip up a Micro Batch of Peach Preserves to be enjoyed for several breakfasts. I opted for the latter:@)

I pitted the peach and left the skin on (the preserves were a treat just for me and I don't mind the skin at all). Gave it a few spins in the food chopper, added a little lemon juice to preserve the color and brighten the flavor and cooked it over medium heat. Let it lightly bubble over medium/low heat and kept stirring so it wouldn't scorch.
A very tasty little 30 minute project:@)

Micro Batch Peach Preserves-adapted from Coffee to Compost
For each 1 cup of chopped peaches:
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 C + 1 Tblsp + 1 tsp sugar-or to taste-you know your crowd
  1. Add everything to skillet (I used an 8" skillet for 1 C fruit). 
  2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to maintain low boil. Stir constantly for about 15 minutes.
  3. Jam is done when it looks kind of clear and running a spatula down the middle of the skillet leaves a dry area the width of the spatula. There's a really good picture HERE. You can also use the plates in the freezer method to see if it gels.
  4. Pour into serialized 1/2 pint jar(s). Allow to cool, add lid and store in the fridge.
Let's stretch that summery goodness and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Mix It Up Monday
Craftastic Monday
Creative Collection
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday
featured on Totally Tutorials

10 comments:

  1. I like your idea of restraining yourself initially in order to reward yourself with those peach preserves for several days. Your preserves look mighty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about doing this with the peaches I had but what was leftover we enjoyed fresh,wishing now I'd made preserves! Looks delish.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and such beautiful color. Happy SUNDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so yunmy!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that I can make just a small batch! Perfect for my morning toast---a happy taste of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Lynn and I love the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love Peach Preserves as a matter of fact I think it is my favorite. Your recipe looks awesome and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great day and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!