Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Pickled Navy Bean Salad

This Pickled Navy Bean Salad is really, really nice! It's a sweet pickled salad with cool, crunchy celery and green pepper. No mayo, so it's perfect for those upcoming picnics and BBQ's. I do highly recommend this one folks... I'll be making this jazzier, herb-y, robust Italian version of it's cousin, Three Bean Salad, again:@)
I made mine with a can of beans and approximated 1/3 of the recipe. 
You can stop by the linked site for directions using dry beans.

Pickled Navy Bean Salad-adapted from Marilyn's Treats
15 oz can navy beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 C celery, diced
3 Tblsp onion, small dice
3 Tblsp green bell pepper, diced
3 Tblsp pimento, drained and diced-I used roasted red pepper
3 Tblsp Italian dressing
3 Tblsp vinegar-I used apple cider vinegar
2 Tblsp sugar
1/3 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp garlic powder
couple dashes of paprika
1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/8 tsp salt, or to taste
~Gently mix everything and let mingle in the fridge for 4 hours. Best eaten the same day.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

6 comments:

  1. I love lots of salads in the summertime and this one looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I would love this Lynn with lima beans too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty and different salad Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad loved 3 bean salad, but your jazzed up version sounds even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lynn, another great recipe to try, and will be perfect for the summer months. I have some leftover jarred, roasted red pepper, and like you, I could use that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bean salad! I'm saving this for picnic weather. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!