Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Low Carb Coconut Berry Fat Bombs

While my sons are still doing the keto diet and have each lost about 15 pounds, they aren't following it as strictly as they were in the beginning. So I haven't done as much research and low carb cooking as anticipated... But we did try these Coconut Blueberry Fat Bombs. Gotta say they are very tasty, can be made with frozen fruit and there really is something to the idea that fats do help you feel fuller longer. Use any berry you have or that sounds good to you.

One thing I did notice is, it's difficult to gauge how big Fat Bombs should be. The few that do give a measurement say about 1 Tblsp. So that's what I ran with. If you're familiar with this type of diet and know they should be smaller please let me know in the comments and I'll correct this post-thanks:@)
I used a silicone Wilton Brownie Pop mold that was on clearance at Walmart for $2.

Coconut Berry Fat Bombs-from Whole Natural Life
1 C coconut oil-refined if you don't want a coconut taste, I used virgin coconut oil which was great with blueberries
1/2 C berries, frozen or fresh-I used frozen but did let them thaw a bit
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of half a lemon-optional and my contribution, would be good with the blueberries
liquid Stevia to taste-original post says 14 drops, my sweetener just kinda squirts out, I gave it one squeeze
  1. Add berries to food processor and give a whirl to break up. 
  2. Add vanilla and Stevia (adjust sweetener to taste).
  3. Melt coconut oil on stove. 
  4. Slowly pour into food processor, give it a whirl until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
  5. Scoop into silicone molds, or drop onto wax/parchment paper or into small candy papers. Aim for about 1 Tblsp per treat.
  6. Freeze until solid, remove from molds, and store in air tight container in freezer.  
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of fat bombs, but these sound terrific! Perfect guilt free treat on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now those fat bombs I would love to try! Sounds like the boys are doing well on the keto diet, and it's so nice that you try out recipes for them. You're a great mom, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound like a great satisfying treat Lynn! I agree with the 'fat' keeping you fuller, I notice a big difference if I add half an avocado to my morning smoothie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!